Thursday, October 17, 2019

Don't Miss This!

Don't miss this!
Then Jesus said to them, All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written:‘I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.” Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!” And so said all the disciples. (Matthew 26:31-35)
All means all!  I've missed this when reading so Many times that Peter would deny Jesus. Yet in closer reading, Jesus told His followers that all of the twelve would deny Him! Then they all agreed that none of them would!

It is an eye-opener for me! It wasn't all on Peter! His story is then one God wanted us to know, but in deeper reading we see ALL the apostles denied Him at some point! This also encourages me! Even as I deny Him with my thoughts and actions at times, I. Can be sue He will forgive me and restore me as He did Peter. (John 21:15-25) As I honestly and heartily repent (1 John 1:9) He promises to forgive and restore me! Just as the Apostles went on to live a sacrificial life for Christ, there is hope for me . . . and you! Don't miss this folks!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...