Monday, February 25, 2019

I got You Lord . . . and You got me!!!!

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:4-7)
Constant conversations with God . . . I found myself there this morning between three and four a.m. It was one of those "Why can't I fall back asleep?" mornings that turned into a morning talk with the Lord. Really it was just a plea session: "Lord, I need You to step in because there really is nothing I can do!"

Ever been there?

So as I finally rolled out of bed at four, after getting dressed, I went down to discover my coffer maker did not come on automatically. Of course, it was set for five! So I flipped the button to "on" and . . . . NOTHING! Seriously! Of all mornings . . .

Then I read my scriptures today dealing with not being anxious about anything, pray about everything, and I will be ok. Well, I have to be right? Many things are indeed out of my hands.

Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
 I got You Lord . . . and You got me!!!!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...