Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Close, friendly, intimate relationships

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:3)
Close, friendly, intimate relationships are the ones we cherish and trust. It what God desires for each of His children! Do we not want that with the Lord? If so, it requires openness, honesty and transparency  . . . with ourselves and with the Lord!

God has no problem being honest and open with us. It is we who try to hide and sugar coat things. God desires our most joyous times and our deepest sorrows. Only He can fill the gaps and opened wounds. Only He can know our deepest desires and what brings us true joy. After all, He made us!

Who knows us better than our parents? Who are the most proud when we succeed after years of struggles and anxious moments? Who hurt the most when we fail and suffer setbacks? If our parents can feel these emotions with us, then what do we believe about God, our Father?
"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full." (John 15: 9-11)
Ultimate joy . . . It is what God desires for each of us. Yet we must seek Him as well to realize this joy! Try God today. Call out to Him!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...