Friday, November 2, 2018

striving to be found faithful....

My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

For length of days and long life

And peace they will add to you.

Let not mercy and truth forsake you;

Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,

And so find favor and high esteem

In the sight of God and man.(Proverbs 3:1-4)
Loyalty....commitment....truth....faithfulness...

It comes from the heart. It flows out into everything one touches and eveyone around should sense it.

Whether it is a sports team, family, job, health, or beliefs. If one is committed and faithful, it will show! I pray that people know to Whom/whom I am loyal.  I absolutely love my wife and am so grateful for all she means to me. I must do better to show it though. I will defend my children to a fault. I commit to my jb and its requirements, no matter the struggle at times. As for my Ravens and Orioles, no matter how bad or how good, well, my closet is full of purple, orange and black! It's a Baltimore thing!!!

But seriously, I try my best to be loyal, committed, and faithful. Since being saved in 1992, I have attempted to grow in my devotion and knowledge to and about Christ. He is my everything. I would really be in danger, if not dead, without Him. I have had to turn my back on a lot of people and a lot of things I love because of my life and devotion to my Lord and Savior. He means that much!!! Though I fail daily, I am striving to be found faithful....

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.                       (1 Corinthians 1:1-2)

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...