Friday, September 14, 2018

Do not wait until the world fails . . . .


Lord, how they have increased who trouble me!
Many are they who rise up against me.

Many are they who say of me,

There is no help for him in God.” Selah

But You, O Lordare a shield [a]for me,

My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

I cried to the Lord with my voice,

And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah

I lay down and slept;

I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people

Who have set themselves against me all around.

Arise, O Lord;

Save me, O my God!
For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone;
You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.

Salvation belongs to the Lord.

Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah (Psalm 3)
There is so so much the world has to offer. There is so much to cherish. There is an abundance to appreciate . . . . friends, family, beautiful beaches, cozy mountain hideaways, lazy lakeside cottages, beautiful homes, luxurious cars, sleek SUV's, endless recreation choices, even virtual on-line getaways. We tend to believe the world has so much to offer . . . until IT fails us.

People let us down. Homes need repairs. Vehicles have to be maintained. Rain can ruin a vacation. Storms can destroy even the most luxurious of island or mountain resorts. Jobs can be abolished due to budget cuts or industry needs. Money runs out eventually. Even the internet can go off-line!

Then God? NO!!!! It's ALWAYS been God! He is Supplier and Source of all resources. When we have things, it's God. When we lose things, it is still God. It is always God . . . good times and not so good times.

Do not wait until the world fails . . . trust God now and every day! Then we can sleep at night!!!!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...