Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fair Weather Fan?

Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.(John 2:23-25)
How much do we rely upon people for our worth.? Kids all seek their parents approval. I know at 57 years old, I still do at times.  Students want the acknowledgement of their teachers. Friends seek the attention of peers. It is human nature. While Jesus loved people and no doubt had His physical needs for communion and friendship, He was wary of those who followed Him simply because of what He did for them. I call them "fans"!

In life, like Jesus, we do not need any fans. Fans come and go with wins and losses, as we see in sports. People change hats and jerseys with seasons. Jesus sees the heart and genuinesss of souls. What about you and me? Are we a FAN of Jesus or a true FOLLOWER?

Lord, help me to truly follow your teachings and seek a deeper relationship with You, not falling for the fakeness of this world. Give me the discernment of Your Spirit to know others' hearts as well, so I may not lose focus upon You and Your will for me and those around me.

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...