Monday, October 30, 2017

Serving Up Salvation

Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’(Matthew 21:34-36)
There is a difference in serving people / meeting their needs and serving to meet spiritual needs as well as the physical. This is not a burden, but a PRIVILEGE! Blessing folks is this life is great. To bring a disaster victim a supply of food, to provide housing for one who is homeless, even to simply stop and talk to a senior at the local McDonald's is surely commendable and appreciated. But all of these gestures last only for a moment, or a day, perhaps even a week. Serving with the Gospel in mind saves lives for eternity! This is exactly the call the Lord has put upon my wife and me and The Sparrows' Nest Ministries! All we do is to point others to the Savior. Please pray that we do all we are able to do not simply to meet a physical or emotional need, but to reach hearts and souls with the love and grace of the Gospel.
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.(John 4:34)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...