Friday, September 15, 2017

Happy to be BLESSED by God!

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lends; And his descendants are blessed.(Psalm 37:23-26)
Believers . . . Christ-followers . . . "disciples" of Jesus Christ do not do everything right. We only have to study the lives of those who walked step-by-step with Jesus. James and John were a bit arrogant. John was somewhat selfish. Thomas doubted. Peter . . . well Peter always had something to say! Isn't it good to know that though we are not perfect, God the Holy Spirit is at work perfecting our faith as we do our best to honor the Lord? Now that my beard is gray and my hair is, well, let's say it is not what it used to be, I have come to trust that God is at work in me despite my frailties and failings. I have come to understand a little bit about being after God's heart, because I KNOW mine is indeed wicked! This I KNOW . . . . God is faithful to keep His promises. My eternity is secure in Him. He will take care of those people who honor Him. If anyone wants to follow me as I crawl my way in the path He has set before me, than they too will be secure. They will be BLESSED, or HAPPY they chose Christ!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...