Monday, August 7, 2017

Rest?

Then the apostles gathered to Jesus and told Him all things, both what they had done and what they had taught. And He said to them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.” For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat. So they departed to a deserted place in the boat by themselves. (Mark 6:30-32)
I read recently that a good rest for ministry workers is three to four months. This time is used for reading, planning, time with family, and prayer. However, after twenty years of serving teens and families with The Sparrows' Nest Ministrie, my wife and I have never had more than a week away. Even those weeks were with family and full of activity and very little rest! Everyone . . . especially every Christ follower, needs a time to stop and rest, reflect, and plan. Jesus said so. He told His disciples after so much activity that they needed to get to a deserted place and "rest a while"! There was so much coming and going that they did not even have time to eat! I have been there. I have forgotten to eat, exercise and even rest. It has shown in my health and family life. Please pray that my bride and I can take advantage of at least a few DAYS of rest. God bless . . . .

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...