Monday, July 17, 2017

Who am I? Mistaken Identities . . .

Who am I? What makes me who I am? Many today "are" what they do, who they hand out with, or where they go. People describe themselves as doctors, lawyers, teachers, athletes, Republicans or Democrats. Folks claim European identity, African identity, Native American or Asian identity. A person may say they are American, Spanish, Caribbean, or Kenyan. However, identity comes from within . . . from the core of one's soul. Think about who you and I are . . . As created in God's image, I/we should reflect His characteristics. However, because of sin, this is not always the case. We who have claimed Jesus as Lord and Savior have been put to death on the cross with Christ and now have new life within us (Galatians 2:20).
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
How do you and I live this verse out day to day. First of all, we are Christ's! I am a Christ follower . . .before nationality, culture, tradition, location, or any other affiliation. If these identities counter the beliefs of my Savior, I MUST distance myself from them!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...