Wednesday, May 3, 2017

One for the guys . . . and for the ladies' understanding.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24)
Many times we struggle today because we have never healed from past hurts. Men especially suppress past hurts and emotional injuries simply because we are told to "suck it up" and move on with life. Many times we never get to the core of the hurt and "limp through life". Yet here in Psalm 139 we hear David ask of God to allow Him to search his heart ❤️ and help him to understand the anxiety he is going through and to "lead" him to better understand things and to heal. Many times only God can understand a man's pain and frustrations . . . his hurts and emotional injuries. We cannot always share them easily, especially with other men and certainly not with our wife. Yet God knows and "wants" to heal us! A father's love and understanding is so critical to a young man's emotional and spiritual growth. THE Father is willing, waiting, and more than able to help us guys!

1 comment:

Lydia Liu said...

It is very true that we can't share our feelings that easily; with friends, classmates, just people! I come across it all the time. They don't understand, but God does. He can heal my heart.

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...