Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Solitary Life

Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place;and there He prayed. (Mark1:35)
As I grow older, I have come to realize how solitary the CHRISTian life can and maybe should be. (Luke 14:25-33) The closer I draw to Christ the more I find myself alone . . . in my beliefs, my choices, and my desires. The more I find myself singled out or neglected, as crazy as it may seem, the more comfortable I feel. However, this is a challenge when God calls me to spread His Truths. It is definitely a challenge to be called to teach and disciple yet the more I do, the more it seems others are repelled. I am challenged more and more. I am even attacked on a subtle level level. Friends and family withdraw, ignore, and even "forget". My flesh tells me to simply draw back and go to the caves as David did. Yet I am reminded to simply depart to that solitary place daily, some days often, to be renewed, encouraged, and energized to press on. While my love and understanding of my Savior and His Word grows deeper, I realize it comes with a price.

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...