Monday, January 2, 2017

Attainable Goals . . .This takes TIME

But whoever keeps His Word, truly the love of God is perfected in Him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. (1 John 2:5-6)
New year resolutions are often made one day and forgotten just days later. We set unrealistic goals and desires which we could never achieve. Rather, set attainable goals, . . .goals we can reach incrementally. Day by day and week by week we can see progress, or even back up a bit. My desire for the new year is to become more like Christ. I want to spend more time with Him so I can get a better understanding of Who He is and who He wants me to be. I believe if I am with Jesus more, He will rub off a bit more on me. . . much like what happens with our friends and family anyway! As John wrote above, I want walk as He walked in how He spoke, how He treated others, and how He honored our Father daily! This will take TIME . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to not make up my mind to do my resolutions, but this year, I've decided to work towards my resolutions.

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...