Thursday, December 8, 2016

Somebody' s Watching Me!

Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?" ((John 3:10)
I have heard it said that we all are teachers to some degree. Especially as believers, we all know something we can share with someone else. Even if we are a ripe new believer, we know something more than one who has never trusted Christ. We all have a story to tell. But this is a real challenge for me today! As I have taught this lesson from John 3 many times, each time I am challenged to be sure I am teaching correctly, but more importantly, living correctly. As teachers, we MUST "practice what we preach!" Believe me, our students know when we are being sincere or phony when we stand before them. They know the genuine thing as opposed to a counterfeit. I have much work to do and they know it. I try to be honest with them. . .. As teachers, mentors, and role models, each of us, young and old alike, have someone looking at us as an example. Everyone seeks a role model. Kindergarteners look up to the elementary school kids. Elementary kids look to the middle school students. The middle school students are in awe of high school young ladies and gentlemen. Believe it or not, all of these students are seeking adults to observe and model as well! So,how are we doing? Even at this wonderful time of year . . .CHRISTmas . . . we need to model the proper way to celebrate the Savior in a fun, exciting, yet reverent fashion. It's a huge task we face yet we serve an even bigger God Who is standing ready to equip us all! He stands ready to judge or reward.
My brethren, let NOT many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment." (James 3:1)
. .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot pic people, ( including me), need to work on this. I need to set a better example, too. But it's hard! 😬

Anonymous said...

That's what my parents say! I have to make sure I know what I'm talking about when it comes to tell others about Christ. I once told one of my cousins about Christ, and I sounded jumbled. 😜 But now I'm more cautious about my figure of speech when preaching the gospel!✡️✡️✡️✝️✝️

Victoria Simmons said...

Yes this is correct!!!!!!!πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ•πŸ•✔️

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...