Friday, September 9, 2016

In The Presence of THE King

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me; for I am needy. Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; save Your servant who trusts in You! . . . .Teach me Your way, O Lord, I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psalm 86:1-11)
Many say they LOVE God. However, a healthy FEAR of God is lacking today. It is lacking from adults as well as our children. We have been taught to love God and serve God and to honor God. We have been taught to pray to God and to ask God for forgiveness and guidance. Yet there is way to much "casualness" when it comes to being in the presence of a HOLY, MIGHTY, ALL-KNOWING, and ALL-POWERFUL God. While we love God and we know He loves us (John 3:16), we also know He is a JEALOUS God (Exodus 34:14) and a HOLY God (1 Peter 1:16). He is PATIENT with us (2 Peter 3:9) yet DEMANDING as well (Romans 12:1). If we are indeed Christ-followers . . . His disciples . . . His children, then we must treat Him as Father, Ruler, King, and theGOD that He is! The time has come for true respect, fear, love, and dedication to our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ . . . our God and soon coming King!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...