Thursday, August 25, 2016

Look up!

O God You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul like THIRSTS for You; my flesh LONGS for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have LOOKED for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and glory. Because your LOVINGKINDNESS is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will BLESS You while I live; I will LIFT UP MY HANDS in Your Name. ( Psalm 63:1-4)
I can feel David's desire as I read these words this morning. Here he is, assumed to be fleeing from his son Absalom in the wilderness of Judah, yet he is seeking the presence of the Lord, not simply his own rescue or release. On the run from his son who was seeking his throne and his life, yet David was seeking his God! Even as we struggle . . . as we have doubts . . . as we have second thoughts in life, if we simply take the psalmist's attitude of seeking the presence of God, how would that change our circumstance? He is seeking God, not a solution. He is thirsty for His presence, not revenge for his son. Better than his life situation is the peace that being alone with God can bring! So while he may have seen his life slipping away, David would rather praise his God than pity himself. . . . WOW!!!!
Thus will I bless Him . . . Thus will I praise Him. . . Thus will I seek Him . . . while I still can!!!!! Can this be our prayer today???

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...