Thursday, April 28, 2016

I DO Believe . . . I DO Believe!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony . . . But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY seek Him. (Hebrews 11:1-2,6)
Who is this God? Why do we believe? Where are the facts? Where is the proof? Well, facts are there that Jesus did indeed live on this earth as a man and died on a cross, was buried, and seen risen and truly alive. People saw Him lifted up to heaven in bodily form a little more than a month later. There are more facts as to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus than many other historical figures, yet many still choose NOT to believe. No one can be forced to believe. As with many believers, I have come to grips with what I believe rather than the things I may doubt! If one wants to NOT believe, I can't force them. Yet the amount of FAITH I have in the Savior is enough for me to BELIEVE! I realize the FACT that it is the Spirit which draws men, women and children to FAITH in Christ. It is the Spirit which enlightens one's mind to understanding the Gospel. Without the Spirit, there is no belief! May God give us the courage to keep sharing despite our failures, knowing it is not we who are being rejected, but Jesus. Never give up praying for the lost, especially our young ones! Hey, if the Lord could get through to me, than indeed anything is possible with God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In You O Lord I out my trust; let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually . . .for You are my Rock and my Fortress. (Psalm 71:1-3) Trust in the Lord, like with any relationship, builds over time. The more we trust Him and lean upon Him, the stronger the bond becomes and the more confidence we gain in knowing He will be there for us. It's not easy, especially today when everyone desires instant gratification in all areas of life. For the sold-out believer, living in this day and age, having a strong faith and trust in God is vital. As we observe so many prospering and yet so many in need, we often wonder "why?" So many in the faith struggle but others seem to be able to "have it all". I must remember, what God has for me is just for me! If I struggle, then I must struggle with God and not against Him. If I prosper, than I thank Him for supplying my needs and desires. I must admit, I am still growing in faith and trust in God. It is a process. I often ask Him "why". He lets me know that when others prosper, it is not always God. When folks are struggling it is not always Satan either. He lets me know that His grace is always sufficient! (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...