Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Friends of Youth or Makers of Disiples of Christ?

Many of us shy away from severe discipline. We are afraid to "lose" our children. I must admit, I too have failed in this area at times. I rely too much upon words and hoping the kids will "get my example". However, all youth need physical discipline at times . . . a real consequence to sin! 


Furthermore, we have all had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live . . . Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but PAINFUL, nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:9-11)


I have much to learn as a parent and educator who is responsible to the youth of today (and tomorrow). I must take my training from the One who made me and all these kids. I am accountable to Him! Father knows best! Will I choose His way of discipline or risk their future?  Am I seeking to make friends in the world or disciples of Jesus? My desire is to love them as God does!

No comments:

In awe of God . . . music was His creation!

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.  . . . When the morning stars sang togethe r,...