Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Life of Sacrifice . . . A Life of Transformation.

But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased . . . . (Hebrews 13:16)


We don't always want to make sacrifices . . . that's why they are called just that . . . sacrifices! We make the decision to  do something while giving up something we prefer. 


We would rather be at the gym than painting the house. We would rather be at the beach than cutting the lawn. We would rather be watching football than a romantic movie. We would rather be sleeping in than serving at church. We would rather be . . . . 


The life of a true believer is one of SACRIFICES. Our life decisions reflect our love for the Lord. While it is needed to say "no" at times, it should never be for a reason born out of laziness or selfishness. 


As Pastor Andy Stanley advises in his book, we must choose to cheat things in life every day, but do not cheat the things that matter. My faith in God, my family, my health all matter to me above other things. My first ministry is my family. These things I cannot cheat. Everything else takes a back seat. 


Do I always make the right decision? No . . . but is working on me!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...