Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Against all odds . . .

Give ear to my words O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up. For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, nor shall evil dwell with You . . .for You O Lord will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. (Psalm 5)


When is the last time you prayed for yourself? The psalmist David often found himself surrounded by the enemy; physically, spiritually, and emotionally. He had run to hide in the caves and even feigned craziness to hide among his enemies. Yet he knew in Whom to turn. 


"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7)


God cares when it seems no one else is concerned. He cares when it seems to all be going haywire. He cares when it seems as though the entire world is against you. God cares. God knows . . . God loves you and me! Trust Him with your concerns. Trust Him with YOU!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...