Thursday, September 10, 2015

Words that MOVE

And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are my beloved Son; in You I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)


Ahhh . . . The words of a parent letting a child know " I love you" . . .  "I am proud of you". It gives life to a toddler, a teenager, even an adult child. For those of us who have never heard these words there remains a hole within our souls . . . But God speaks to us as well!


Words of affirmation last a lifetime. Like in this case with Jesus, hearing this public affirmation not only let the whole world know "I love you", but it also prepared Jesus to move forward. He had the confidence of His Daddy! 


Who needs our encouragement today? Maybe it's even you and me? 


No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...