Monday, August 24, 2015

Years go by quickly . . . Days even quicker! Master Plans . . .

"Lord, make me to know my end, and what is the measure of my days, that I may know how frail I am. Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, and my age is as nothing before You; certainly very man at his BEST state is but a vapor . . . And now Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. (Psalm 39:4-5,7)


We all love to look ahead to plan, dream, and prepare for the future. At times, it may be just fantasy. Other times we are setting real and attainable goals. But remember . . . . only God knows the future. He alone knows the number of days we have remaining. Only God knows the correct and most beneficial plans for our days. He made us. He formed us and named us even before we were born into this world. He designed things specifically for us to accomplish. 


Does a builder build without a design? Does it make sense to go into unchartered territory without a map, GPS, or an expert guide? Would it not make sense to consult the MASTER before we make the PLAN? 


In comparison to eternity, our lives are simply a vapor, a breath, a simple breeze. Are we wasting our time on useless activity or accomplishing eternal goals? What is your PLAN?

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...