Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Owe You Love!

Beware that the heart of no man, woman, clan, or tribe among you turns away from the Lord our God today to pursue and serve the gods of those nations; beware that is among you no root producing poisonous and bitter fruit. (Deuteronomy 29:18)

Old Testament or New Testament, followers of God Ned to be just that, followers of God and NOT the world. As Moses wrote above, we can follow no man, no woman, no culture, no ethnicity, no people group or political group, NO ONE that pursues and follows these false gods and false teachings of the world. 

Nothing has changed. People still chase after whatever makes them happy . . . feel good . . . whatever strokes their ego or approves or excuses their lifestyles. 

BUT WE AS CHRIST-FOLLOWERS CANNOT!

What is trapping you? Is it family history, culture, politics, a relationship? What is worth more than a closer relationship with the Creator? We were created to honor Him, not "me" or anyone or anything else! 

What do we have to cut out . . . before God cuts it out? Don't fall for this "don't judge me" lie or " you do you and I'll do me" stupidity. We ARE to hold one another accountable in the household of faith. Call me out . . . please . . . just do it privately and lovingly. I will do the same for you if I notice any slippage. 

We owe that to one another!



No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...