Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Calm Storms?

Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well,  holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith.  Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme. (1 Timothy 1:18-20)

No captain at the helm . . . it's a disaster ready to happen. Waves tossing the ship to and fro . . . stormy rains and blustery winds smashing into the sides of the ship . . . listing over sideways . . . ready to go down.

Does this describe you or some fellow believer you might know? For many of us, we sometimes forget where we came from and how the Lord has brought us through . . . where He brought us from. We forget how lost we were and begin to think we can sail this ship alone. Don't be fooled . . .

We just dont' need a little captain . . . but we need all of The Captain for this ship!

Admist all the false teachings, back sliding, and outright lies, stay strong. Stand on what God has instructed. trust Him . . . He goes through every storm and there is LIGHT at the end!

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk THROUGH the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me. (Psalm 23:1-4)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...