Thursday, April 9, 2015

Eternal Investments

Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged. Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism. (Colossians 3:18-25)

I learned a long time ago from an older gentleman at church that only what I do for Christ will last. This has stuck with me for the last twenty-three years! Whether it is family activity, work, or just general living, it is true. We do it all unto the Lord!

As I spend time with my bride . . . how I treat her reflects my devotion and respect toward the Lord. As I raise my children, I show them Christ and reflect His love. As I work at home and on the job, I turn my work into worship. This way, I start storing up credits in Heaven. I make eternal deposits in Heaven.

Whether I am cutting the lawn, hanging out at family movie night, preparing a lesson plan, or at date night with my bride, it is actually an act of worship unto my Savior.

We are not living in this world. We are living toward heaven. Only what we do for Christ . . . all we do for Christ . . . will reap eternal rewards!







No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...