Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Picking Whom to Serve?

The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” “Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” (John 13:2-9)


Read the words from Pastor Max Lucado: "You can be sure Jesus knows the future of these feet he is washing. These twenty-four feet will not spend the next day following their Master, defending His cause. These feet will dash for cover at the flash of a Roman sword. Only one pair of feet won’t abandon Him in the Garden. One disciple won’t desert Him at Gethsemane - Judas won’t even make it that far! He will abandon Jesus that very night at the table. I looked for a Bible translation that reads, 'Jesus washed all the disciples’ feet except the feet of Judas,' but I couldn’t find one."

Jesus did not choose whom to serve, but He served them all . . . even serving each of us upon the cross!

Jesus calls us to serve everyone . . . anyone. We cannot pick what or whom is most rewarding or most comfortable.

We simply SERVE!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...