Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Do Not Believe the Hype!


Jesus promised His disciples three things — that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble. — F. R. Maltby

I’m like a gate. Anyone who enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out. And they will find plenty of food. 10 A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so they may have life. I want them to have it in the fullest possible way. (John 10:9-10)

There is a lot of HYPE in church circles today. Plenty of noise, fanfare, and excitement. While this is good, there is still only ONE WAY to heaven . . . to God the Father! It is a narrow gate and He is the ONLY gateway to heaven and eternal life! The theif (the "enemy", "Satan") would have us believe the lie that there are many ways, many faiths, many "highways to heaven", all kinds of fun, lavish blessings, and a trouble-free life .

NOT SO.......

But what I’m about to tell you is true. It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Friend will not come to help you. But if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will prove that the world’s people are guilty. He will prove their guilt concerning sin and godliness and judgment. The world is guilty as far as sin is concerned. That’s because people do not believe in me. 10 The world is guilty as far as godliness is concerned. That’s because I am going to the Father, where you can’t see me anymore. 11 The world is guilty as far as judgment is concerned. That’s because the devil, the prince of this world, has already been judged. (John 16:7-11)

There is only ONE WAY to peace and understanding in this world full of chaos. Only those with the Spirit of God can understand the things of God.

Know Jesus . . . know PEACE. No Jesus . . .NO PEACE!

Do YOU have JESUS?

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...