Saturday, August 17, 2013

Trust

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.(Psalm 31:1-5)
Our money still has the slogan written upon it, "In God we trust" We all well know this is not the belief of many Americans, much less our government. In fact, we do not even trust God with the money on which the slogan is contained! "It's my money and I want it now!" is the more popular slogan!
So where is our trust?
David writes on many occasions concerning his trust in God. Throughout his life he had no one but God to turn to. God was his Rock, his Salvation, his Refuge, his Fortress, his Hope.
This is my prayer as I face today, tomorrow and the future: God be all I need and all I desire! I want what You want!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...