Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Footprints

Because Jesus knew that the Father had handed all things over to him, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, he got up from the meal, removed his outer clothes, took a towel and tied it around himself. He poured water into the washbasin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to dry them with the towel he had wrapped around himself. Then he came to Simon Peter. Peter said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus replied, “You do not understand what I am doing now, but you will understand after these things.” Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet!” Jesus replied, “If I do not wash you, you have no share with me.” Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head!” Jesus replied, “The one who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean. And you disciples are clean, but not every one of you.” (John 13:3-10)
Jesus always set the example. He never simply told people what to do . . . He did it! Here he set the example of being a servant by lowering Himself to the menial task of washing feet . . . a job for the house servants of His day.
Jesus also shows us how important our feet are: where we walk or where we travel tells a lot about who we are as a person.
Are we willing to go places where He leads us? Do we pick and choose where we would like to be and who we would rather visit? Will we say, “Here I am send me!” (Isaiah 6:8)
The path our feet travel tells so much about our walk with the Lord!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...