Thursday, June 6, 2013

From Struggles to Success!

Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel. But I have used none of these things, nor have I written these things that it should be done so to me; for it would be better for me to die than that anyone should make my boasting void. For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.(1 Corinthians 9:14-18)
Despite the pay, it is my duty to serve God. Accepting His call to missions was NOT an option in 1997 and it is NOT an option to give up in 2013! God rewards me for what I do in obedience to Him, not in doing what is comfortable for me. He promises to meet my needs. However, I must realize that my needs are not my wants and not everyone will understand but God at times! So my focus has to be on God's will, not mine. I am always learning how to adjust my wants to God's will. I must admit, sometimes it is a daily adjustment. However, the more I choose God, the better the consequences! He does have a plan for me to succeed after all! (Jeremiah 29:11)
Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.(1 Corinthians 9:26-27)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...