Thursday, April 4, 2013

Continue to serve . . .

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10: 42-45)
Servant-leadership . . . it is a word thrown around in Christian circles today rather flippantly if I can say that. While many say it, few show it. Jesus came to be a sacrifice for us all. His motivation to get through each day was the cross! He knew the day was coming yet he pushed forth all the while, never seeking anything else but to finish the task. Whenever I get a bit too proud of what I am doing, my wife reminds me who I am. I must admit, it is humbling, but needed! At times I look around and see others making more money, driving a better vehicle, or enjoying some things I wish I had, but then I am reminded . . . what God has for me is for me! I probably would not handle the things I wish I had properly! I am called to serve where God has me . . as we all are. While I may strive for things, those things must be in the will of God. I can ask all I want, but if it is not in His will, it will be of no good use for anyone! Though I want better or more, I must accept where God has me and continue to serve! God knows the needs and the circumstances!
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose . . . (Romans 8:26-28)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...