Thursday, March 7, 2013

Trusting God as We Live Out Our Faith

“The Lord, the God of heaven, took me away from my father’s family. He brought me out of my own land. And he made me a promise with an oath. He said, ‘I will give this land to your family after you.’ The Lord will send his angel ahead of you. So you will be able to get a wife for my son from there. (Genesis 24:7)
Ahh, the freedom of home security . . . I can barely remember being able to make my own decisions for the first time. Can you? When to get up . . . when to go to bed . . . should I leave the TV on all night . . .maybe I will eat cake for breakfast . . .do I really have to go to church . . . does the person I date really matter. . . But imagine the turmoil our parents went through! Now, as a parent and grandparent, I can really relate to Abraham's struggles and my parents' worries as well. When will my children realy become independent? When will they begin to make the proper mature decisions concerning their future? When will I stop worrying? Just as Abraham stated in the verse above, we must trust God with the promises He has made. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Just as He was with Abraham, He will be with us. What will worry do anyway? Let's continue trusting God as we live out our faith!
Don’t worry about anything. Instead, tell God about everything. Ask and pray. Give thanks to him. Then God’s peace will watch over your hearts and your minds because you belong to Christ Jesus. God’s peace can never be completely understood. (Philipians 4:6-7)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...