Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Win!

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.(Matthew 6:33)
We have the opportunity today to celebrate a rare occasion in sports, for a city, and as a family. Twelve years ago we went with our children to baltimore to celebrate a Super Bowl victory with the baltimore ravens. Today, we again embark on my hometown to celebrate another Super Bowl championship . . . this time with our youngest son Michael (not born yet in 2001). Sports is a major part of my life since I was five years old. I grew up playing baseball, basketball, football, street hockey, anything with a ball, glove, or stick! I participates in three sports in high school, and basketball for two years in college. Even into my 50's I am still coaching and enjoying sports! It is a lifestyle and victories are to be celebrated and embraced.
But God comes first . . .
Many lessons are learned on the field of sports; sportsmanship, dependence upon others, brotherhood, learning from adversity, overcoming odds, and on and on. Paul used several metaphors to sports in his writings; running the race, boxing, and fitness, and others. I am so proud of how my Ravens were so vocal about their faith in comparison to their on-field victories. So today we take Gospel tracts to my hometown and prepare to celebrate our God and our football team! Sharing the victories of our faith and our football team. fter all, we all have one thing in common: the game will end and we all will be face to face with God one day! Will we each hoist the victor's crown of salvation or taste the bitter defeat of hell.
We play to win the game . . . we claim victory in our Field Leader and General . . . Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...