Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Plenty of Opportunities . . .

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
Boy does the Lord provide plenty of opportunities to show His love, grace, and to witness for Hi. My family and I witnessed that just yesterday while attempting to celebrate the Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl victory in Baltimore City. Leaving just after 8:30 a.m. for a 10:45 a.m. parade and celebration (and just 30 minutes from Baltimore), we ended up re-routed on trains, stranded on a broken down train for 30-some minutes, and finally told we had to get of and await word on further train service at BWI airport! The city was basically off-limits due to the unexpected crowds! Needless to say, our plans were changed dramaticallyas we watched the events from a sports bar TV and never did get back on a train! My dad had to pick us up near 5 p.m. and take us back to iur vehicle! Plans to mingle with a celebratory crowd while distributing football-themed Gospel tracts were changed. I must admit I had to work at being a good Christian witness at times as people cursed, complained, and even went through panic attacks. My wife had to remind me this was a great opportunity to show Christ . . . one which I did not plan! Thank God for her! Ahh, the power of the Holy Spirit! He gave us plenty of opportunities to witness right there . . . waiting for train tickets (when others were simply getting on without paying),admist the crowded train (with cursing, shoving, and complaining), and eventually at the airport. We realized how we handled ourselves would be an excellent change of pace compared to the others around us. Asking folks to watch their language, be patient, give a seat to the elderly,children, and females . . . all these simple tasks could show Christ. . . All right here in my little Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria! Did I do my best . . . no. Yet he allowed me grace to regroup and then share His character with others who maybe needed to see it!
Maybe not our timng or our plans, but plenty of opportunities to do His work.

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...