Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Good to be Married!

But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.(1 Corinthians 7:2-7)
It is good to be single and to be able to serve the Lord without reservation and whenever the opportunity allows. However, marriage is a good thing too and one is still able to serve the Lord well, but marriage has other duties as well. I thank God He has given my wife and i an opportunity to serve Him as a family and therefore we can kill two birds with one stone . . . or two ministries with one effort!
Oh it is is indeed good to be married!
One spouse does not own the other, as some may believe! No, God owns both husband and wife. We are however, to look out for the other and fulfill our roles as helpers . . . completers! For instance in our family and ministry, my wife is the administrator as she is gifted by the Holy Spirit. She has special discernment over things I may rush into without thinking it out. I on the other hand have been gifted with teaching and evangelistic tools and as the spiritual head, I am free to study, teach, and lead by the Word of God. Yet my wife is still capable of discerning His Word and I also can handle finances and admin duties of the family. We compliment one another and support when necessary. It is not 50/50, but 100/100 effort!!! Many times it is an effort too . . . Yet there are some things I must do as a man. I must protect my wife.(1 Peter 3:7) I must love her as Christ loved the Church. (Ephesians 5:25) I must provide for her physically and spiritually. It is not so much that she is weak, but vulnerable! God has designed man to do this.
What has happened? We have believed a lie! C'mon men . . . step it up. No wife will refuse to submit to a Godly man. My wife adores me when I am following after Christ and doing what He requires. When I do not, family life is in a shambles. I am accountable to God and to my wife and to my entire family. I am responsible!
Men must love their wives . . . then wives will respect the men! Love is a verb . . . . not just a word! (Ephesians 5:21-33)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...