Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If we must, we can share with words!

Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them.Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
(Mark 2:3-5) It is an awesome feeling to bring someone to know Christ. I can remember many occassions when young and old alike have accepted Christ in my presence or I found ut later on that one of my small group or outreach students have ask Jesus to forgive them and take over their lives. It is a joy much greater than any other, at times bringing tears to my eyes, because I know it will change a life forever! Even some have come to me after years of being away and reminded me that I prayed with the day they accepted Christ . . .wow! How many of us have invited friends to a ballgame, a play, a movie, or even a family get-together? it is commonplace, right? Ok, so how often to invite someone to Chirst? Why are we so fearful of sharing the best thing that ever happened to us? The fear lies in our feeling as if we have failed if the person rejects Christ, or even worse, they may reject us and no longer seek our friendship! But whose friendship is more valued . . . God's or man's? Tough question? Let's remember, it's God who draws people . . . His Spirit and not our charm or skill! (John 6:44) We cannot be considered failures, just willing instruments in the father's hands. We always succeed when we share Christ! I may be just a nobody, but representing Jesus makes me quite special in my Father's eyes! While it helps to be prepared with Bible verses, have a knowledge of people's experiences, realize cultural differences, and the like, our best way to share the Gospel is our own experience. We should pray for opportunities and ask the Lord to prepare us for that next appointment. Let's allow folks to see Jesus in us and then if we must, we can share with words!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...