Thursday, May 24, 2012

mutual interdependence

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.
(James 5:15-18) No man (or woman) is an island! No human being can obey all of God's instructions without the help of a brother (or sister). But as a man, I must tell you that is something about the brotherhood! (Psalm 133:1) When believing men who really know the Lord come together with regular occurance . . . watch out! God is able to use these men! There is something about a praying, trusting, believing man of God. I cherish all my fellow believers. However, my besides bride of course, I cherish the men who have challenged me and set the example for me over the years. These men have set the pace. They have laid the ground work (Hebrews 12:1). Even at myworkplace today, there are a few men who hold me up and nudge me on when things get unbearable. God has designed this world that many of our needs are met only through mutual interdependence. Thank you . . . for those who stand with me! You know who you are . . . and so does the Lord! As iron sharpens iron . . . (Proverbs 27:17)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...