Monday, April 16, 2012

Payday someday!

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 6:23)

What a gift indeed . . . For all the effort we have put into the sin we commit, God offers grace . . . he gives us what we do not deserve! In exchange for death, He offers eternal life to all who freely accept Chrost's sacrificial atonement upon the cross. Just as he rose to new life that Sunday morning, so we can be raised out of a lifestyle of sin and experience a new and a real life of freedom from the penalty of sin!

Too simple right? Too easy? We do not have to work for it so we cannot understand it. The prophet Isaiah said it right . . .

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
(Isaiah 55:8)

We have to trust God at His word. I do not believe I will ever comprehend how much Jesus cares for me or why. But what other choice do I have? Who else can back up these kinds of promises? Who can even make them? I choose to believe! For all my labor . . . there is going to be a payday someday . . . and it will be with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I know Him for myself and I trust Him!!!!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...