Friday, February 10, 2012

Stop Playin'!

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
(James 1:22)

It's time we stop playin'!It is is way to late to be fooling around with God and others! So many today read the Bible. . . Many go to church and work in ministry. . . even more claim Christianity as a faith. But I wonder . . .

Are we fans of Jesus or followers? Have we truly taken up the cross or simply taken up a new hobby? To be a true Christ-follower takes sacrifice, dedication, and many times pain. it is not a casual life or even an easy life. The joy the Bible speaks of is not the kind this world knows.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
(James 1:27)

I am not religious! I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, Son of God and the promised Messiah. In Him alone do I place my faith. I live because of Him and through Him. I am nothing by myself. I must admit, I am getting highly frustrated at the fans of Jesus. I am even a bit tired of my own complacency. We all must begin to live a more dedicated life for Christ and allow our actions to reflect our beliefs.

It is one thing to advertise our Christianity . . . it is quite another for others to witness it being lived out.

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...