Friday, October 28, 2011

A new creation out of a monster

In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
(Isaiah 54:14)

Israel had been devastated, yet through the prophet, God promises the rebuilt Jerusalem even greater glory than before. (Revelation 21:9-27) it can be the same with you and me!

When I think back to my youth and young adult life . . . the things I did and the person I was . . . I can only thank God for His grace, mercy, and patience. Only He knew where He would have me this day! Before knowing the Lord in 1993 I was a dressed-up fool . . . looking good on the outside and a hot mess on the inside! Only God knew . . .

Everyone has promise. (Jeremiah 29:11) If He could rescue me, He can remake anyone's life, despite the things they are doing. Despite one's age, God can make a new creation out of a monster! (2 Corinthians 5:17). All one has to do is fall on their knees and ask the Lord to save them from themselves!

So what is our role? We have to introduce them to the Lord somehow. . . in words, in deeds, in sacrificial love. We have to take the time to care for them as someone cared for us!

If a dead seed can become a beautiful flower in the matter of weeks, think what can become of a life resued by the Savior . . . what can become of a shattered piece of clay in the Potter's hands?

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...