Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A War Within Me!

In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
(Isaiah 54:14)

If Christ has freed us from unrighteousness and we are declared innocent by the blood of Christ, then why do we seek the things of the world? Popularity, bigger homes, fancier cars, more prestige . . .Nothing we can do and nothing the world offers can improve our standing before Almighty God! It is by faith that we are justified: declared or made righteous in the sight of God. We have been declared righteous by the atoning blood sacrifice of Jesus . . . nothing more, nothing less!(Romans 5:1-11) Perhaps this economic downturn is a blessing in disguise!

I know personally that I struggle not with my faith in Christ, but my pride and personal weaknesses. I see others obtaining things and receiving personal comforts and my natural inclination is to desire some of those same things for myself and my family. My human nature seems to never be satisfied! But in today's financial reality, I have to accept things as they are!

I agree with Paul: it is indeed a war within me. (Romans 7)I lust for things I should not have and argue with God about the things I do have! Why don't I simply rest in Him and what He has for me when He says I need it?

I am not saying this to have others look down upon me, but to let others know I am simply human and struggling like everyone else. I am learning however, to trust my Jesus more and more! We are not alone in our struggles!!!!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...