Friday, July 1, 2011

Always remember to say "Thank You" . . .

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus
.(Philemon 1:4-5)

So many have assisted us, prayed for us, prayed with us, and given to us at The Sparrows' Nest Ministries that we have to always thank God for the help we have received! I know a little about what Paul is expressing here in the first chapter of Philemon.

Our pastor and home church have supported our work since the day we revealed what God had called us to do. So many pastors, ministers, deacons, and others have taken the time to counsel us, teach us, discipline us, celebrate with us, and cry with us. Families and individuals have sacrificed their own hard-earned money to support the work. This still blows me away: how single seniors and large families (and others) feel called and then are obedient to give to help the families we serve.

I have learned so much in my 18 years as a Christian and even more since being called to serve full-time in 1999. Much has been grasped through observation and a bit more through my years of study. Here are just a few things I am so thankful for: God's faithfulness, the grace He has for me, the love of His people for me, and the example set before by so many faithful servants. So despite the challenges . . . I keep running the race!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
. . . (Hebrews 12:1)

Always remember to say THANK YOU!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...