Friday, April 29, 2011

Gotta get away????

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.(Matthew 11:28-30)

Tired???? Weary???? Just a bit too much day-to-day pressures???? Jesus knew our pain and felt the burdens of family issues, relationships, and prejudices. He was rejected often amd mistaken many times. His own family and closest friends often doubted Him. He faced a future of brutal torment and an ultimate inhumane death. But He persevered . . .

Jesus bore our burdens while here in the flesh.(1 Peter 2:24) By His stripes, His suffering, we are healed from sin but also from bearing the shame of those sins. (Isaiah 53:4-5)While we will suffer (1 Peter 4:12-19), we can find peace to endure knowing it is because of our faith, not our sin. Of course, if we choose to sin, we will also choose to suffer the consequences that go along with them!

Thank God for grace and the blood which forgives us!

Know that Jesus cares for each and every one of His children with an everlasting love. (1 John 4:19)He wants to yoke up with us and carry our burdens in life. He desires to walk beside us and carry us when we are too weak to take another step. When the burdens of life weigh us down, Jesus says "come to me!"

Where do you find rest this day? I only know ONE who really gives peace and rest! Do you know Him?

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...