Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diligence has its Rewards

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity.(Jeremiah 29:13-14)

So many want to know God. So many want to receive His blessings. So many want . . . yet so few give . . . sacrifice what is required. We must have faith!Without faith, it is impossible to please God!(Hebrews 11:6) But again, this kind of faith is shown in one who diligently seeks after God . . . with his whole heart . . . his entire being!



I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.(Proverbs 8:17)Solomonwrites of an eager search for the Lord. It is motivated by love and rewarded by God's embrace!Do we seek after God for His promises or because we love Him?

Finally Jesus said, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."(John 14:21)

God is motivated by love. (John 3:16) Let's check our motivation and as we begin to love more diligently, we will not only get closer to our Savior, but others will see Him as well!Is that not why we do things anyway, so others will see Him and give Him glory?(Matthew 5:16).

The promises of God are to those who seek Him out of a sincere love for Him.

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...