Monday, February 21, 2011

Hypocritical Lives

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8-9)

I often wonder why believers are looked upon with such disdain and disgust. Yes, the world hates God and the things of God. Yes, evil is rampant and the world is getting worse awaiting Christ's return. But I wonder how often my attitude causes the unbelievr to turn from God rather than to God!

Many times I may come across as holier than though . . . perfect and without sin. What a hypocrite! I am the worse sinner! God saved me from so much much and mire . . . disgusting stuff . . . I do not deserve to live, yet I act so righteous at times!

May God teach me and others in the Body to be more humble . . . reaching out to the sinner as someone reached out to me (us). The only reason I live is because of the blood of Jesus and the grace of God toward me! God is faithful to forgive me and anyone else who calls upon His name! I am nothing without Christ!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...