Thursday, June 21, 2007

06 21 07 Learn From Mistakes

“Grant me the ultimate joy of being forgiven!........Create in me a pure heart, O God!......Then I will teach rebels your merciful ways, and sinners will turn to you……O Lord, give me the words!......O God,
a humble and repentant heart You will not reject.”
(Psalm 51:8-17)

Nothin’ but the blood! Only Jesus can give me the peace I need knowing I am secure in my relationship with Him! There is joy in being forgiven! Family can reject and ridicule me. Friends can “not believe how I have changed”. Even church family can hurt in subtle ways that only I can feel. My spouse can’t meet all my needs, however hard she tries (and she tries so hard!).

But Jesus, my Jesus, He always knows just what to say; always knows just what to give to me; always knows what to take away, and how long to make me wait! He also knows how to make me feel needed, wanted, and useful to His glory! He sees me for who I am in Him, not who I am in my flesh. Sometimes I feel like the songwriter, “I don’t know why Jesus loves me……Oh but I’m glad!” He knows my heart.

“But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness……But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous One….”
(1 John 1:9-2:1)

God is faithful to wipe every thought of our sin away, if we truly trust in Jesus as our atoning sacrifice. While we still deal with consequences in many instances, our soul is secure in Him. God allows us to grow and learn and mature as we grow closer to Him and deal with our old nature of sin, increasing in faith and relationship with Him, strengthening the new nature His Spirit has indwelled within us. If not for the security of knowing I am God’s child, a prince in His Kingdom, fellow heir with the Savior, even a friend of God, I would be totally confused at times. I have an advocate in Christ!

While the world, even organized religion, has their rules and sometimes legalistic customs and regulations, I am secure knowing I am alright with the God of the universe. I look forward to the freedom I’ll have one day to walk with Him, talk with Him, and work for Him one day for eternity. I’m just passing through this journey, trying to learn from my mistakes, and teach others along the way, as He allows! He is the only righteous One!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...