Tuesday, April 3, 2007

ALL Have Sinned

“Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.”
(Psalm 51:5)

David does not excuse his sin, but rather acknowledges it. He is not blaming his mother or father for his actions either, like a lot of us tend to do. “Well, you know, my parents did not give me all I needed. My father wasn’t there for me. My mom was always out working.” All these excuses may be our reality, but the ultimate reality is that by nature, from birth, we ALL are born sinners. A child left to himself will do wrong…I’ve seen it with my four year old. I don’t have to teach him to say, “Not me”, when I just saw him reach for the candy bar or cookie I just told him not to touch!

“…for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” (Romans 3:23)

As human beings, we inherit Adam’s sin nature…impure from the moment we become human! Under the blood of Christ, we all can become forgiven, made pure, righteous in the sight of God. We all are born sinners, but we all can also be born again, made whole, and transformed through the sacrifice of our Savior. No more excuses, just action. Stop blaming others for our sin and accept things for what they are. Without Christ we are nothing! With Him we have God intended for us “in the beginning”. (Genesis 1:1)

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...