Monday, August 3, 2020

Worn out....Tired.....Isaias.....Isaiah!

Even young people become worn out and get tired.  Even the best of them trip and fall. But those who trust in the Lord  will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired.  They will walk and not grow weak.(Isaiah 40:30-31)

We live in a day when many are simply doing what they believe is right. Among the pandemic, we still have people deciding it is ok not to protect themselves. We have sports and athletes trying to return to normal with uncertainty and fears. We have politicians trying to play doctor and doctors playing politicians. School officials are being controlled by parents and politics, afraid of any decision with risks. Even within my own family . . . a CHRISTian family, we are experiencing doubt, fear, uneasiness, poor decision making, and from our older kids, just plain ole ignorance! 

And now a tropical storm . . . named Isaias!!!!! How cute! So let me consider Isaiah . . . Chapter 40, verses 30-31.

Yes I am worn out! Oh, I am TIRED! I need some spiritual strength for sure. I know only God can provide it because so many are so lost today. I need to stay focused upon 
Him. 

So today, when many are focused on the storm Isaias, I choose to focus upon the words of God from the prophet Isaias (Isaiah). 

I choose then One Who calms the storm....not the storm!


No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...