Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Waiting, Praying, Planning

Waiting upon God can be a real challenge! God is so awesome and unlike people. He is faithful, so we can trust Him. However, because He is eternal, time has no control over God so we can become impatient with Him as we WAIT!
I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected.  Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.  For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. (Habakkuk 2:1-3)

We pray selfishly many times . . . for what we think we need. We begin to plan as if we will receive it . . .  after all, we prayed! Then, if God says "No" or "Wait a bit", we become angry, anxious, irritated, and try to obtain it on our own. When we get it, we wrongly believe that God did it! Then it backfires! Been there? I have!!!! 

What are we praying for today? What are you/we waiting upon God for today? Are we planning His will or our own? 

Let's wait upon God and be of good courage. Keep praying in His will.  Plan to accept what He says and does. I can't wait to share what He does!


https://youtu.be/83HPAKX4uWA

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...