Monday, July 27, 2020

In Need of REST?

The apostles gathered around Jesus. They told him all they had done and taught.  But many people were coming and going. So they did not even have a chance to eat. Then Jesus said to his apostles, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place. You need to get some rest.” So they went away by themselves in a boat to a quiet place. (Matthew 6:30-32)
A time for rest. . . .not luxury . . . nothing really planned . . .just rest away from the stress, uncertainty, and day to day doldrums. I need a different environment. I bed to experience God in nature in a whole new way. I want to see Him as those of old did . . . in the simple things like a sunrise, the breeze, the stillness!

I need a real break from the monotony because it will be back to work from home with virtual school again this fall! I was so looking forward to seeing the kids again, interacting with them, and simply hearing their crazy sayings and simple reactions! I wanted to plan some real ministry outings as we plan to reach young hearts for missions and ministry.

Amazing what one misses . . . .praying His will come late August for school and ministry!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...